Thursday, February 22, 2007

Migraine Day


My little uninvited guest came by this afternoon. I was rough housing with my dog when I started to feel dizzy. Then came the aura, or a flashing spiky strobe vision in my left eye. When the aura appears in the left eye, the migraine will be on the right. This is my warning sign to take an Imitrex, close the shades, put on an eye mask, turn off the radio, and get into bed with a pillow over my head. The aura will end and I feel like I'm sinking for about a half hour. Then comes the ice chisels to my head and the vomiting. The pain is not only in my skull, but my entire being. Smells, light, and sound become highly intense and cause extreme agony.
Eight hours later: feeling better, but beat up.

2 comments:

Odysseus said...

i get headaches a lot but only once have i had what you described. it had never happened before so i and my wife (girlfriend at the time) had no idea what was going on.

there happened to be posters alerting students of the symptoms of meningitis all around the campus where we were at the time, and they were alarmingly similar to the symptoms for a migraine.

a trip to the emergency room and blood tests revealed that it had probably been a migraine. but it was horrible. i thought i was dying.

Anonymous said...

etfertokddu [url=http://ow.ly/5RzG9]old navy coupons[/url] irradlrinjas