Saturday, February 17, 2007

Freelancing, Erotic Style


You hear it all the time in New York City. Freelancing is not as easy as it seems. Those independent and artistic spirits who are drawn to an office-less, boss-less career are the same types who have trouble creating structure in their day.


When I quit the bodyrub spa to work for myself, I imagined having more money rolling in while keeping my home immaculate, creating home cooked cuisines, and taking on several crafty activities. Although the money rolled in, I became increasingly lazy. I have always been the type who naturally wakes up at 7am to run the dog and blend a smoothie. Then suddenly I morphed into the other type... I began having trouble getting into the shower before noon, snacking from the cupboards instead of cooking, and taking luxurious afternoon naps with my mutt. Business began to hurt. I couldn't go to an outcall if I was unshowered and hungry with an anxious pup! I finally created a weekly schedule that allows me to get everything done before noon... but it's not easy because I'm a very laid back boss.

No comments: